8.01.2011

Congratulations! You are magical

These are the words you want to read on Pottermore this week - if you're a hardcore Potterhead. (Which I am.)

Since I had to go to work today, and figured that J.K. Rowling would put up the usual challenge, I didn't have high hopes of having a chance and tried to put it out of my head.However, at midnight tonight (London-tid) I couldn't help having a peek at Pottermore.com.
 I wasn't the only one.


Well... I went to bed (after watching the screen refresh back to the same message for about an hour)
 But this morning, before heading to work, my fingers started itching again - thankfully! This time, Pottermore had a completely different message for me.




After I got back home, and did some reading, I realise how lucky I was. They will be posting 7 clues - one for each day and book, difficult day 1-3 and more easy ones on day 4-7 - the clues will be posted at an unknown time - different times each day - and will disappear once that days maximum number of registrant are filled.
 Todays clue was: "How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign? Multiply this number by 49."
And the answer was (5 x 49 =) 245
The answer led me to a page where quills were floating around. After a couple of seconds of waiting, a glowing quill appeared: The Magical Quill.
The Magical Quill detects the birth of a magical child and writes their name down in a large book. Every year, Professor McGonagall checks the book and sends owls to the children who are turning eleven, to inform them that they have a place at Hogwarts.
After clicking the Magical Quill I went through registration which ended with the choice of five possible usernames. At first, this annoyed me, I'm used to making up my own usernames (I enjoy making them up), but then I took a good look at my alternatives and I am absolutely thrilled that I got SilverQuill77. I couldn't have come up with a more fitting Pottermore name myself. (I always chose silver over gold, I'm a writer at heart and 7 is my favourite number, as well as the most powerful magical number. And I have it in my username. Twice!)
 And then I got told, once and for all:

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that Hermione isn't listed with the top 3?

However, I wasn't done just yet. You have to validate your e-mail before the registration is complete and my mail didn't want to arrive. By this time I was getting late for work and I had to leave wondering if I was gonna lose my spot (or if my registration didn't go through as it should). But as soon as I got back home I went straight to my mail where I found the validation e-mail waiting for me.
 It was official


Did anyone else get their registration confirmed? What do you think of the usernames you got to chose from? Do you like you username?

No comments: